Duties may include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Acts as defense counsel in criminal cases; Interviews and advises defendants and witnesses.
- Interprets and applies laws, court decisions, etc. in the preparation of cases and briefs.
- Prepares pleadings and other legal documents in connection with suits, trials, hearings, conservatorships, and other legal proceedings; Performs legal research and investigations.
- Examines evidence and prepares and presents the case for the defense in assigned criminal actions.
- Performs administrative duties for the Public Defender; Dictates correspondence and reports.
- May provide lead direction to other attorneys; May assist in training others professional staff.
- Assists the Chief Deputy Defender and the Public Defender as needed.
Minimum Qualifications: Experience: Level I:
One (1) year of experience in the practice of civil or criminal law.Level III:
Two (2) years of experience in the practice of civil or criminal law.License:
Active membership in the State Bar of California.
Possess a valid California driver's license at time of appointment and maintain.
Closing Date/Time: Continuous