Duties may include, but are not limited to the following:
- May provide case management services and utilization reviews for programs including California Children Services, Child Health and Disability Prevention Program, MCAH Outreach, Medi-Cal Targeted Case Management,Nurse Family Partnership, and Indigent Health Care Program.
- Investigate and interview parents; assess and screen at-risk individuals; Act as patient advocate.
- Instruct parents on child safety, growth, development; signs of abuse, poor nutrition and failure to thrive.
- May provide crisis assistance and participate in patient meetings for "special needs" children.
- May work directly in Immunization, STD, TB, and HIV Testing clinics.
- Administer tuberculosis medications, perform and read skin test for tuberculosis diagnosis.
- Search for unreported or missed cases of communicable diseases.
- Conduct home visits to collect and/or complete health forms related to communicable disease.
- Provides outreach and education by giving presentations and teaching classes to the public.
- Provide orientation and training to community providers to assure adherence to quality standards.
- Acts as "on-call" nurse to receive referrals and provide information.
- May develop in-service programs for care providers, provide Targeted Case Management services, and engage in outreach and other activities to enhance services to Medi-Cal beneficiaries.
Minimum Qualifications: PHN IEducation:
Graduation from an accredited four (4) year college or university nursing program.PHN IIExperience:
One year's full-time nursing experience in Public or Community Health.
(Additional experience may be required for certain positions.)Education:
Graduation from an accredited four (4) year college or university nursing program.Level I/IILicense:
Possession of a valid California Registered Nurse License.Possession of a valid California Public Health Nurse Certificate issued by the State of California Board of Registered Nursing is required.SOME POSITIONS IN THIS CLASSIFICATION WILL BE SUBJECT TO CRIMINAL HISTORY BACKGROUND CHECKS PURSUANT TO THE HUMAN RESOURCES RULES AND REGULATIONS, SECTION 2, B
Closing Date/Time: Continuous