Please note: Extra help are not entitled to county benefits and are limited to a maximum of 25 hours per week.
The current opening is in the Department of Public Works - Roads Division.
The Extra Help Student Intern will provide general assistance while gaining valuable work experience. Assignments will vary depending on the needs of the department.Duties:
- Organize paper files and create database/inventory of files.
- Conduct traffic engineering field surveys.
- Prepare summary reports using Excel and Word.
- Scan plan sets to pdf files.
- Draft exhibits using AutoCAD
- Assist with encroachment permit inspections.
- Enrolled as a full time student seeking a degree in Civil Engineering or Closely related field.
- California Driver's License.
- Physically able to lift 40 pounds and walk on uneven surfaces.
- Able to work in dusty hot environment.
Closing Date/Time: Continuous