***PART-TIME JOB OPPORTUNITY***
RECREATION SPECIALIST - FIELD SUPERVISORHIRING DEPARTMENT
: Parks & RecreationWORK LOCATION
: Willow Pass Park, 3175 Salvio St, Concord, CA 94519HOURS
This is a seasonal, part-time position running March - November with possibility of optional alternative work during rest of year.
Number of days and hours will depend on availability and game schedules.
Generally 5:00 pm-11:00 pm, two-three nights per weekSALARY
: $13.12 / HourFINAL FILING DATE
: Open Until Filled THE IDEAL CANDIDATE :
The Ideal Field Supervisor Candidate is someone who:
• Possesses excellent customer service skills;
• Is both a team player, but also works well independently;
• Is someone who is detail oriented;
• Possesses strong verbal and written communication skills;
• Is someone who is flexible, yet dependable; and
• Is someone who is reliable and responsible THE POSITION :
The City of Concord's Parks & Recreation Department is looking for a dynamic, customer friendly individual to oversee and conduct facility operations during our Adult Softball Program. Field Supervisor staff will coordinate staff and equipment needs to ensure games are conducted in accordance with the City of Concord Adult Softball Rules and Code of Conduct. Examples of duties include, but are not limited to:
- Ensure games are conducted in a safe, fair and timely manner.
- Provide high level of support for program participants and staff by being highly visible and responsive.
- Ensure fields are adequately staffed with umpires and scorekeepers.
- Conduct inspections of fields, facilities and lighting and recommend maintenance and repair as needed.
- Resolve issues that would create an unsafe environment or interfere with games.
- Monitor game progress, respond to participants.
- When needed, handle emergency situations by taking an appropriate course of action and notifying supervisor.
- Complete a variety of administrative tasks.
Any combination equivalent to experience and education that would likely provide the relevant knowledge and abilities would be qualifying. Generally, this will require:
Education: Satisfactory completion of high school or equivalent.
Experience: One or more years' experience in a customer service position preferably in a sports related field is desirable.
Other requirements: Strong knowledge of Slow Pitch Softball and USSSA rules. Must be at least 21 years of age. Must be willing to work a flexible schedule, including evenings, weekends and some holidays. Must have or be able to obtain before the start of employment CPR/First Aid/AED certification. Other: SELECTION PROCEDURES :
To apply for this position, please complete the online application at www.cityofconcord.org . All applications will be screened in relation to the criteria outlined above. Only those candidates who best meet the qualifications will be invited to interview.
It is a policy of the City to refuse to consider a person for a position whenever that person's relationship to an employee, elected or appointed official, or member of a board or commission has the potential for creating adverse impact on supervision, safety, security, morale, or involves a potential conflict of interest. FOR ADDITIONAL INFORMATION :
Willow Pass Community Center at (925) 671-3423
Closing Date/Time: Tue. 12/31/19 5:00 PM Pacific Time