***PART-TIME JOB OPPORTUNITY***
RECREATION SPECIALIST - FIELD PREPHIRING DEPARTMENT
: Parks & RecreationWORK LOCATION
: Willow Pass Park, 3175 Salvio St, Concord, CA 94519HOURS
: Sunday - Friday, varying hoursSALARY
: $13.12 / HourFINAL FILING DATE
: Open Until Filled THE IDEAL CANDIDATE :
The Ideal Field Prep Candidate is someone who:
THE POSITION :
- Possesses excellent customer service skills;
- Is both a team player, but also works well independently;
- Possesses strong verbal and written communication skills;
- Is someone who is flexible, yet dependable; and
- Is someone who is reliable and responsible
The City of Concord's Parks & Recreation Department is looking for experienced individuals able to groom and maintain softball fields for our adult league and a range of adult and youth tournaments . Field Prep staff will utilize independent judgment in performing duties to ensure the ball fields are in good repair and properly prepared for play. Must possess and maintain a Class C driver's license and be able to work independently. Examples of duties include, but are not limited to:
- Watering and dragging the infield with a groomer or manual drag.
- Hand raking around bases, home plate and pitching rubbers.
- Removing and disposing on debris on fields and in dugouts.
- Chalking foul lines, batter's box, etc. as required for play.
- Painting foul lines on turf areas.
- Will transport, receive and share the use of recreational equipment and supplies.
- Monitors equipment inventories and recommends procurement of items as needed.
- Inspects program areas and equipment and recommends maintenance and repair as needed.
- At all times, demonstrates cooperative behavior with colleagues, supervisors and the public.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Use proper safety equipment when performing tasks.
- Ability to properly use and operate necessary equipment including a field groomer.
- Ability to prepare and mark fields properly for level and type of play.
- Ability to work cooperatively with colleagues and the public.
- Ability to follow written and verbal directions.
- Strong verbal and written English communication skills.
- Must possess and maintain a valid California Driver's license.
- Must be at least 17 years of age and be able to work evening, weekends and some holidays.
WORKING CONDITIONS AND PHYSICAL CAPABILITIES:
- Knowledge of softball, baseball or related sports.
- Ability to work and think independently and act with sound judgment.
- Manage time well and work within time constraints.
- Knowledge of the operation and minor maintenance of various vehicles and equipment used in grounds maintenance work.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, including providing information to the public.
- Ability to be flexible and perform other duties as assigned.
Other: APPLICATION / SELECTION PROCEDURES :
- Work is typically performed in an outdoor environment, with potential exposure to adverse weather conditions. The following physical capabilities are required: frequent climbing, balancing, reaching, sitting, standing, walking, stooping, kneeling, crouching, talking, seeing, hearing, and smelling.
- Must be able to perform moderate to heavy physical work with prolonged standing and walking for extended periods of time, walking over rough or uneven surfaces, stretching, bending, pushing, stooping, climbing, crouching, crawling, moving, lifting .and carrying loads weighing between 50-95 pounds.
- Uses heavy machinery with moving mechanical parts.
To apply for this position, please complete the online application at www.cityofconcord.org . All applications will be screened in relation to the criteria outlined above. Only those candidates who best meet the qualifications will be invited to interview. All staff are required to pass a rigorous selection process including application screening and multiple interviews. If successful in the interview, a minimum of two references will be contacted and verified. Fingerprinting and extensive background checks by the Department of Justice will ensue. FOR ADDITIONAL INFORMATION :
Please call Kayla Malachowski, (925) 671-3423 or email:Sports@cityofconcord.org
Closing Date/Time: Tue. 12/31/19 5:00 PM Pacific Time