Please Note: Extra-Help employees are not entitled to County benefits and are limited to a maximum of 25 hours per week.
Duties may include, but are not limited to the following:
- Interview clients to obtain details of arrest, connection with charged offenses, and other information pertinent to the development of the defense case.
- Record the financial status of clients so as to determine eligibility for services.
- Verify information received by telephone or in person.
- Interview clients to determine circumstances and events of detention, citation or arrest.
- Obtain the names and addresses of witnesses and probable nature of testimony.
- Obtain the location of relevant physical evidence.
- Evaluate and record attitudes of clients.
- Record inconsistencies of statements.
- Compile information obtained from defendant or witnesses on appropriate forms.
- Detail clients arrest record, probation record and other personal information as appropriate.
Minimum Qualifications: Experience:
Two (2) years experience of in-depth interviewing in law enforcement, or unemployment insurance, or Social Services, or other similar types of employment that required one-on-one interviewing of strangers on personal and/or financial issues.License:
Possess a valid California driver's license at time of appointment and maintain.
Closing Date/Time: Continuous