Salary: $29,993-$41,240 DOE
GILA COUNTY HUMAN RESOURCES JOB ANNOUNCEMENT
1400 E. ASH STREET, GLOBE, AZ 85501
POSTED: JANUARY 29, 2019 OPEN UNTIL FILLED
PURPOSE OF THE JOB Performs specialized, complex office support and clerical work of a technical nature in support of Gila County Court system.
This position does not supervise other employees.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Receives, computes, classifies and posts fees or fines for criminal, family law, civil, probate and guardianship cases; issues receipts; reconciles cash drawer, lists data on indexes and cross reference systems and enters information and documents into established filing and data systems, uses indexes and researches information, maintains and controls complex filing systems.
• Analyzes dockets and indexes; processes legal documents, judgments and minute entries. May issue marriage licenses and record returned licenses. May receive and process passport applications. 15%
• Prepares legal papers according to court orders; receives and composes correspondence; notarizes documents; maintains logs, work production records and composes routine reports related to court actions and cases. 10%
• Maintains legal files and indices; checks files in and out using automated file tracking system; Oversees vault which contains court files and microfilm; enters and maintains data in automated court case management system; receipting documents; prepares and processes formal orders; answers telephones; maintains, monitors, reviews disposition of case files. Maintains awareness of rules governing destruction of court records for microfilming purposes; prepares and arranges for files to be sent for microfilming; confirms accuracy of records when returned from microfilming; and maintains microfilm.
• Assists the public without giving legal advice. 10%
• Digitizes all court documents. 10%
• May be required to travel to satellite offices; may act as back up for Courtroom Clerk IV; completes mandatory 16 hours of continuing education and United States Passport Agent certification yearly; operates a variety of office machines.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
This position provides research support on elected office level budget.
This position does not have PROJECT RESPONSIBILITIES.
ORAL COMMUNICATION DUTIES
This position responds to public inquiries and explains County procedures or processes.
WRITTEN COMMUNICATION DUTIES
This position creates or edits documents, internal memos, emails and formal letters.
INTERACTIONS WITH THE GENERAL PUBLIC
Interacts extensively with employees, customers, the general public, vendors, regulatory bodies, and other groups and/or individuals and Institutions over the telephone, by e-mail, and/or in person
INTERACTIONS SPECIFICALLY WITH CUSTOMERS
Frequently (More than 25% but less than 40% in a year)
Clerk of the Superior Court
MINIMUM EDUCATION REQUIRED
High School Diploma or GED with additional specialized or technical training courses.
MINIMUM YEARS OF DIRECTLY RELATED EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
One (1) year experience or equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
PROFESSIONAL CREDENTIALS REQUIRED
Clerical, customer and personal service, training, English language and composition, law and government.
Active learning, active listening, reading, communicating diplomatically, customer service, problem solving, multi-tasking, typing and data entry.
Make sense of multiple information, focus, maintain calm demeanor in stressful situations, follow orders, recognize problems, speak clearly and sensibly, read and write at professional level and multi task.
• Occasionally stands to attend to cash register and to attend to customers.
• Regularly sits to complete reports and to operate special equipment.
• Routinely sits to attend to other duties.
• Constantly requires dexterity for keyboard operation.
• Incumbents in this position may be required to routinely walk to and from work sites, bend, stoop and occasionally twist.
• Occasionally lifts a maximum of 25 lbs.
Incumbents in this position constantly spends time in office environment; in lobby environment; and in library, courtroom or other public access areas, automobile or vehicle.
SAFETY RISK EXPOSURE
Incumbents in this position are generally not exposed to safety risk. Occasionally, may become exposed to telephone verbal abuse by customers or citizens and/or individuals with high level of emotional distress.
PROTECTIVE GEAR & SAFETY MANUALS
Incumbents in this position are required to constantly follow written safety procedures and manuals relevant to the division or department.
CONSEQUENCES OF ERROR
Potential errors can cause inconveniences to other employees, and/or delays in related work areas. Delays of services are possible.
APPLICANTS MAY BE REQUIRED TO FURNISH, AT THEIR OWN EXPENSE, DOCUMENTARY PROOF OF EDUCATIONS, CERTIFICATION, REGISTRATION, LICENSE OR ANY OTHER PROOF OF COMPETENCY AS REQUIRED IN THE OFFICIAL CLASSIFICATION DESCRIPTION OR ANNOUNCEMENT AND MAY BE REQUIRED TO UNDERGO PHYSICAL, PSYCHOLOGICAL AND/OR BACKGROUND INVESTIGATIONS AS A CONTINUING CONDITION OF EMPLOYMENT. FURTHER, APPLICANTS FOR POSITIONS REQUIRING OPERATION OF A COUNTY OR PERSONAL VEHICLE ON OFFICIAL BUSINESS MUST POSSESS AND MAINTAIN COUNTY OR PERSONAL VEHICLE OPERATORS LICENSE. GILA COUNTY DOES NOT DISCRIMINATE ON THE BASIS OF RACE, COLOR, NATIONAL ORIGIN, SEX, RELIGION, AGE OR DISABILITY, AND FAMILIAL STATUS IN EMPLOYMENT OR THE PROVISIONS OF SERVICE. AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY/AFFIRMATIVE ACTION EMPLOYER.