This recruitment is being established to obtain a current eligible list for both full time and extra help vacancies. Extra help are not entitled to county benefits and are limited to a maximum of 25 hours per week. Extra Help pay rateis from $28.30 to$32.15 per hour.
Duties may include, but are not limited to the following:
- Plans, directs and performs criminal, family support, and child abduction investigative work.
- Interviews complainants, suspects and witnesses; Prepares reports and presents all significant data.
- Prepares and executes warrants for search or arrest and related affidavits and returns.
- Uses and maintains surveillance devices, photographic and recording equipment.
- Assists other law enforcement agencies, including Federal, State and local on a request-to-assist basis.
- Assists trial attorneys in evidence review and evaluation as well as preparation of cases for trial.
- Develops the necessary information required by the exigent of disclosure of information.
- Conducts investigations into white collar crime, consumer fraud, official misconduct, insurance sales, corporate securities, stock and bond transactions, and false and misleading promotions.
- Assists in Grand Jury investigations and presentations.
- Searches for hidden assets and physical control of suspect business enterprises.
- Investigates alleged violations of Revenue and Taxation, Election Laws and in other specified areas as directed.
Minimum Qualifications: Experience:Level I
One (1) year of experience performing criminal or civil investigations.Level II
Two (2) years of experience performing criminal or civil investigations.Both Levels require:
Equivalent to graduation from a four (4) year college or university with a degree in criminology, social work, law enforcement or a closely related field. (Additional qualifying experience may be substituted for the education on a year-for-year basis.)Licenses:
Possess a valid California driver's license at time of appointment and maintain.Certificate:
Possession of a valid Basic P.O.S.T. Certificate.
Closing Date/Time: Continuous