Duties may include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Takes complete psychiatric and medical histories; may perform limited physical examinations.
- Counsels patients regarding matters pertaining to their physical and mental health.
- Under direction, arranges for hospital admission of patients.
- Facilitate the referral of clients to appropriate health facilities, agencies, and resources.
- Assist Staff Psychiatrist; Perform a variety of routine tests; Assists in developing protocols.
- Maintain records and upkeep of equipment.
- Assist and provide services to clients requiring continued care.
- Initiate treatment based on protocols signed by the Staff Psychiatrist.
- Records findings of mental and/or developmental assessment.
- Refers conditions needing specialized treatment.
- Instructs individuals/families regarding skills necessary to maintain or improve mental health.
- Identifies community resources and guides individuals in their use.
- Maintains liaison with other professional and agencies providing child/family services.
- May provide Targeted Case Management services and engage in outreach and other activities to enhance services to Medi-Cal beneficiaries.
Minimum Qualifications: Experience:
One year of experience in outpatient nursing services in a Mental Health setting. Preferred experience would include prescribing, dispensing, and administering medications to consumers with mental illness.Education:
Graduation from a school approved by the Board of Registered Nursing.License:
Possession of a valid California Certification as a Nurse Practitioner
Candidates will be required to obtain a Drug Devise Furnishing (NFP) Certificate within 6 months of initial hiring date. Must also obtain a Drug Enforcement Administration (DEA) registration number to order controlled substances as needed for patient care. Failure to obtain the proper certificate will result in termination.SOME POSITIONS IN THIS CLASSIFICATION WILL BE SUBJECT TO CRIMINAL HISTORY BACKGROUND CHECKS PURSUANT TO THE HUMAN RESOURCES RULES AND REGULATIONS, SECTION 2, B
Closing Date/Time: Continuous