Please Note: The Assistant Public Works Director is an at-will classand serves at the pleasure of the Director of Public Works. Duties may include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Assists the Public Works Director in the overall planning, assigning and directing of the County Public Works Department Divisions.
- Formulates long range forecasts of public works requirements and develops appropriate plans.
- Assists in reviewing and processing all vacating of roads and road name changes.
- Supervises the activities of various divisions by giving directions, interpreting policies and procedures, reviewing and evaluating the work of subordinates, and establishing priorities.
- Assists in directing the internal administration of department activities and develops appropriate policies and procedures.
- Directs a system of internal fiscal accounting, reporting and control; reviews construction projects design, construction, and land acquisition, and other related documents.
- May represent the Public Works Department with other County departments, other agencies, and at public meetings, hearings and related functions.
Minimum Qualifications: Experience:
Six (6) years of increasingly responsible public works, construction or development related experience, including at least four (4) years of experience in an administrative or supervisory capacity in a public works or similar organization.Education:
Graduation from an accredited four (4) year college or university with a major in civil engineering, public administration, business administration or related field.License:
Possess a valid California driver's license at time of appointment and maintain.
Closing Date/Time: Continuous