5 years of civil litigation experience. Duties may include, but are not limited to the following:
- Serves as legal counsel and attends meetings of boards and commissions.
- May act as legal advisor for County offices on involved matters.
- Prepares formal legislative measures, ordinances, resolutions, deeds, contracts, leases, and other legal instruments.
- Prosecutes legal action on behalf of, and defends actions against, the County and its subdivisions before courts of origin, appellate courts, and various administrative bodies.
- Confers with and advise officers of County departments and representatives of special districts on questions pertaining to their respective powers, duties, functions, and obligations.
- May provide lead direction and act as a legal resource to other professional staff.
- Assists the County Counsel, Assistant County Counsel, andChief Deputy County Counsel as needed.
Minimum Qualifications: Experience:Level II
One (1) year of experience in the practice of civil or criminal law.Level III
Two (2) years of increasingly responsible experience in the practice of civil law.Level IV
One (1) year of experience as a Deputy County Counsel III with Merced County. OR Four (4) years of experience in the practice of civil law.License:
Active membership in the State Bar of California.
Closing Date/Time: Continuous