Job Location: Apollo Freight - LAX - Los Angeles, CA
Salary Range: Undisclosed
Job Category: Warehouse
"Apollo Freight will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories, in accordance with the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring"
Responsible for handling cargo throughput in both import and export operations and acting in a lead role as an experienced Warehouse Agent.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Direct Warehouse Agents to meet business goals
• Ensure Warehouse Agents are following safety rules and standards. Communicate any safety issue or property damage immediately to a supervisor or manager. Wear a safety vest at all times while working, walking or operating equipment within Apollo Cargo warehouse.
• Work from customer's log sheet and follow attached instructions and prioritize workload to meet all shipping requirements.
• Check documentation for instructions such as: priority breakdown or special handling requirements
• Unload and verify receipt of all manifested cargo while notating any deviations in cargo manifested against the cargo received. Separate, placard and store in appropriate location per temperature requirements.
• Perform inventories of inbound cargo, and follow receiving protocols, such as taking temperatures of perishable items and as required, generate on-hand lists as requested.
• Receive, verify piece counts, check /confirm weight as required per customer SOP. Store produce in designated coolers per temperature requirements. Create packing lists for shipments, listing all shipped items and also list left over items. Then making sure all left over items are relabeled and remaining inventories balance.
• Load export cargo on / in carrier Unit Load Devices (ULD's) per instructions and secure with appropriate door locks and or nets and tie-down equipment. Ensure the build-up of cargo is in a configuration compatible to the carrier's aircraft. Also manage ULD usage to eliminate any demurrage charges for unused airline equipment.
• General housekeeping in the warehouse, maintenance in the ramp areas, empty trash cans.
• Demonstrate good interpersonal skills in communication and interaction with warehouse agents, supervisor and customers.
• Communicate to supervisor or manager any materials/equipment needs, based upon supplies on hand and equipment operation, including reporting defective and/or disabled equipment.
• Operate forklift, and all related ground equipment, subsequent to certification that appropriate training has been completed.
• Demonstrate diligence required to maintain security under Transportation Security Administration (TSA) and United States Customs / Border Protection (USCBP) and USDA
requirements. You will challenge any and all persons entering the HPL -Apollo warehouse Designated Screening Area (DSA) unauthorized and unescorted.
• Assist USDA with all on-site inspections for all flowers and produce items.
• Must be able to screen cargo using and following TSA guidelines.
• Maintain records and appointments necessary for employment such as all recurrent training
Must be at least 18 years of age
• Must possess clean driving record and valid driver's license (DMV print-out required)
• Must provide 10 years background employment / education information
• Must provide proof of the legal right to work in the United States such as: passport, birth certificate or work permit / visa.
Physical Demands / Working Environment:
• Must be able to lift up to 75 lbs.
• Tolerate moderate to loud levels of noise within the work environment
• Will be required to work in cold storage areas as assigned
• Stand and remain standing for periods up to 3 hours without sitting
• Demonstrate daily fitness for obligation without impairment due to illegal drugs, sleep deprivation, medication, or alcohol
• May be required to work all of the following: irregular hours and / or shifts, including split-shifts; holidays and weekends; overtime; and extended hours.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities (Desired):
• English proficiency (e.g., reading, writing, speaking, listening)
• Mental abilities (e.g., visual observation and identification, mental rotation)
• Interpersonal skills (e.g., customer service, dependability)
• Work values (e.g., responsibility, honesty, integrity)
• Physical abilities (e.g., lifting and carrying freight weighing up to 75 lbs., bending, reaching, stooping, squatting, standing, walking and identifying objects)
• Knowledge of basic arithmetic and mathematics
• Knowledge of airline codes, prefixes, common cargo abbreviations
• Comprehension of airway bill
• Attention to detail
• Ability to follow instructions from supervisor or manger
• Ability to act in lead position and give direction to warehouse agents
• Ability to work as an effective team member
This job description is a summary of duties for which you as a employee are expected to perform in your assignment. It is by no means an all-inclusive list, rather a broad guide to expected duties. As an employee you must understand that a jog description is, neither complete or permanent and may be modified at any time. At the request of management, any employee may be asked to perform additional duties, responsibilities, or projects without notice.
Please mention you found this employment opportunity on the CareersInGovernment.com job board.