FIRST DAY OF FILING:August 11, 2017 at 8:00 a.m., PSTUNTIL THE NEEDS OF THE SERVICE ARE MET AND IS SUBJECT TO CLOSURE WITHOUT PRIOR NOTICE.EXAM NUMBER:R2594COPEN COMPETITIVE JOB OPPORTUNITYDEFINITION:
Leads highly specialized, integrated, complex information systems analysis to design, test, integrate, and implementation of one or more of the following Electronic Health Records (EHR) components: Registration, Admitting, Discharge, Transfer, (R/ADT) and Enterprise Master Patient Index (EMPI); Patient Scheduling; training; clinical applications; or ancillary services applications such as lab, radiology, and pharmacy. Provides technical leadership in IT strategic planning, business automation planning, and business process improvements.
Essential Job Functions
- Leads, participates in the work, andsupervises, when needed,a team of Information Systems Analysts and other technical staff engaged in the development, implementation or maintenance of highly complex healthcare systems.
- Develops systems specifications, through requirements gathering, research, analysis and direct contact with business units, subject matter experts, system users and technical staff, and hardware/software vendors for specialized and complex applications using relevant tools and techniques for systems development.
- Conducts analysis and planning to revise and update the department's long-range information system plans, business automation plans and IT strategic plans; solves the more complex application problems; develops Statement of Work in accordance to systems development lifecycle on hospital/clinical/financial infrastructure applications and technical enhancements, including tasks, deliverables, and pricing.
- Coordinates change management documentation and ensures that approvals are managed according to departmental procedures.
- Monitors vendor performance to ensure contract deliverables meet requirements, resolves problems, prepares reports, and reviews/approves vendor payments.
- Acts as technical lead to a project manager, department management, and/or user management regarding one or more major healthcare related systems or maintenance analysis and design efforts.
- Represents the department at interdepartmental meetings andserves on Countywide information technology committees and work groups when needed.
- Acts as a project lead or technical specialist for complex systems development projects andsupervises lower level Information Systems Analysts and other technical staff, when needed, for a health cluster County Department.
- Leads technical team to service customers on new initiatives and implement EHR.
- Collaborates with subject matter experts (SMEs), vendor professional support team, and leads IT technical team to develop project plans, timelines, deliverables, and implementation outcomes.
- Conducts system analysis, process flows, system interfaces, validations, testing, training, implementation and change management.
- Monitors conversion/migration plan development and execution; completes system documentation, enterprise policies and procedures.
Requirements SELECTIONREQUIREMENTS: Option I:
Graduation from an accredited* institution with a bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, or a related field, ANDfour (4)years within the last last six (6) yearsof responsible full-time, paid experience in a centralized** healthcare related information technology organization with knowledge and experience inhealth care related systems***at a medium-to-large public or private healthcare organization***** performing information systems analysis and design for complex systems.******Option II:
Two (2) years within the lastthree (3) yearsof experience at the level of Los Angeles County's class ofSenior Information Systems Analyst**** with knowledge and experience inhealth carerelated systems***in a centralized** healthcare related information technology organization.Option III:
Five (5)yearswithin the last six (6) yearsof responsible full-time, paid experience in a centralized** healthcare related information technology organization with knowledge and experience inhealth care related systems*** at amedium-to-large public or private healthcare organization***** performing information systems analysis and design for complex systems.******Physical Class II -
Light: Light physical effort which may include occasional light lifting to a 10 pound limit, and some bending, stooping or squatting. Considerable walking may be involved.LICENSE:
A valid California Class C Driver License or the ability to utilize an alternative method of transportation when needed to carry out job-related essential functions. Special Requirement Information:
*In order to receive credit for any college course work,any type ofcollege degree such as Bachelor or Master, or for completion of a certificate program, youmust include a legible copy ofthe "official" diploma, "official" transcripts, or "official" letter from an accredited institution
which shows the area of specialization; or "official" certificates with your application,within fifteen (15) calendar days of filing your application online.
Applications received without evidence of the required degree(s) will not be considered nor accepted as meeting the stated requirements under Option I. At the time of appointment, the successful candidate must be prepared to provide an "official" transcript from the college or university to verify the required degree(s).
**Centralized IT organization is defined in the County of Los Angeles as that which is responsible, under the direction or guidance of the chief Information Technology official for the department or major organization unit, for providing comprehensive IT services including analysis, design, acquisition, and/or development, implementation, maintenance, or support of information systems; and in which the work performed is in direct relationship to the IT requirements and initiatives of the department or major organizational unit.
***Health Care related systems includes: Registration, Admitting, Discharge, Transfer (R/ADT), Patient Scheduling (PS), Training, clinical applications, ancillary services applications such as lab, radiology, and pharmacy; performing information systems analysis, design, development, testing, implementation, and maintenance of large complexenterprise application (clinic and/or financial) systems.
****Experience at the level of the Los Angeles County's class of Senior Information Systems Analyst is defined as, responsible for and provides specialized information systems analysis, including the definition of user requirements, feasibility studies, design, program specifications, testing, and implementation. For complete description of class specification, please click on the hyperlink under the title.
*****Medium to large health care organization is defined as a health care organization with more than one site and/or more than one set of clinical services and a hospital, such as a hospital or Ambulatory Care Network.
******Complex systems is defined as having experience in more than one healthcare functional solution (i.e., registration, scheduling, lab, rad, pharmacy, OR, ambulatory, practice management, maternal-fetal, ED, urgent care, cardiology, Behavioral Health, Rehab, Health Information Exchange, revenue cycle, HIM, population health, care management, etc.)APPLICANTS MUST MEET THE SELECTION REQUIREMENTS AT THE TIME OF FILING. NO WITHHOLD IS ALLOWED FOR THIS EXAMINATION. Desirable Qualifications:
- Certification* from the Project Management Institute (PMI) as a Project ManagementProfessional(PMP).
- Experience in support of EHR/EMR (Electronic Medical Record) modules/applications.
- Experience inleading one or more technical teams completing the EHR/EMR implementation support such as Cerner Millennium System.
- Experience in Enterprise Master Patient Index(EMPI) related systems.
Additional Information This examination will consist oftwo parts: Part I:
An online multiple choice written test, weighted at 60%, assessing three Professional/Technical Knowledge areas:
- Software Business Analysis, covering the following topics: Business Process, Diagramming and Modeling, Documentation, Joint Application Development, Methodologies and Tools, Project Development, Requirements Gathering, and System Design and User Interface.
- Software Quality Assurance, covering the following topics: Audits and Reviews, Defects and Bugs, Implementation, Measurements, Metrics and Standards, Overview, Personnel and Tools, Processes, andSoftware Testing.
- ITIL Concepts, covering the following topics: Availability Management, Capacity Management, Change Management, Configuration Management, Financial Management for IT Services, IT Service Continuity Management, Incident Management and Service Desk, Problem Management, Release Management, and Service Level Management.
Anonline multiple choice written test weighted 40%. The online multiple choice test will measureverbal ability, achievement, confidence and optimism, independence, influence, reliability,andprofessional potential.
Only those candidates that achieve a passing score of 70% or higher in Part 1, will havePart 2 scored.
Candidates must achieve a passing score of 70% on each Professional/Technical Knowledge area.
Applicants must meet the Selection Requirements and achieve a passing score of 70% or higher in Part 1 and Part 2 in order to be placed on the eligible register.
THE WRITTEN TEST IS NOT REVIEWABLE BY CANDIDATES PER CIVIL SERVICE RULE 7.19. TRANSFER OF SCORES:
Applicants that have taken the identical written tests for other exams within the last (12) months, will have their written test scores for the identical test part(s) automatically transferred to this examination.
This examination contains test parts that may be used in the future for new examinations. Upon acceptance of your online application, your score will be transferred to the new examination and you may not be allowed to re-take any identical test part(s) for at least a year. NOTE:
Applicants may receive notice via e-mail and are responsible for providing a valid e-mail address. Please add firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com to your address book to ensure the e-mails reach your inbox. Scores cannot be given over the telephone.TEST PREPARATION
Study guides and other test preparation resources are available to help candidates prepare for employment tests.You can access test preparation for the computerized portion of the test by going to http://www.shldirect.com/practice_tests.html . While the guides will help in preparing for the test, we advise you to review all related materials that you deem necessary. ELIGIBILITY INFORMATION
The names of candidates receiving a passing grade in the examination will be placed on the eligible register in the order of their score group for a period ofsix (6) months following the date of promulgation. Applications will be processed on an as received basis and promulgated to the eligible register accordingly.
In lieu of traditional banding, an alternative banding procedure may be employed as a result of a special study sanctioned by the Department of Human Resources. Special Information:
Appointees may be required to work any shift,
including evenings, nights, weekends, and holidays.
A thorough background investigation (including fingerprint search) will be required of candidates. Candidates who are found to be unsuitable for employment will be removed from the eligible list/register pursuant to Civil Service Rule 6.04.
DISQUALIFYING FACTORS INCLUDE BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO:
Certain job-related misdemeanor convictions
Certain serious traffic convictions or patterns of traffic violations (e.g., 4 or more moving violations within the past 2 years, failure to appear, at fault accidents and driving under the influence)
Illegal use and/or sales of controlled substances
Poor employment historyApplicants with disabilities who require special accommodations must provide the Examination Unit with advance notice. Vacancy Information:
The resulting eligible register from this exam will be primarily used to fill a vacancies at the Department of Health Services(DHS)Administration Information Technology organization located throughout Los Angeles County. Application and Filing Information:
Applications must be filed online only.Applications submitted by U.S. Mail, Fax, or in person will not be accepted. Apply online by clicking on the green "Apply" button at the top right of this posting. You can also track the status of your application using this web site.
All information is subject to verification. We may reject your application at any time during the examination and hiring process, including after appointment has been made.Falsification of any information may result in disqualification or rescission of appointment.
from the Class Specification and Selection Requirements serving as your description of duties WILL NOT
be sufficient to demonstrate that you meet the requirements. Doing so may result in an INCOMPLETE APPLICATION
and you may be DISQUALIFIED.
Fill out your application completely. The acceptance of your application depends on whether you haveclearly
shown that you meet theSELECTION REQUIREMENTS
. Provide any relevant education, training, and experience in the spaces provided so we can evaluate your qualifications for the job. For each job held, give the name and address of your employer, your job title, beginning and ending dates, number of hours worked per week, description of work performed, and salary earned. If your application is incomplete, it will be rejected.Passing this examination and being added to the eligible register does not guarantee an offer of employment.
All correspondence to applicants will be sent electronically with the exception of the final examination result notice.SOCIAL SECURITY NUMBER
: Please include your Social Security Number for record control purposes. Federal law requires that all employed persons have a Social Security Number.COMPUTER AND INTERNET ACCESS AT PUBLIC LIBRARIES:
For candidates who may not have regular access to a computer or the internet, applications can be completed on computers at public libraries throughout Los Angeles County.NO SHARING OF USER ID AND PASSWORD
: All applicants must file their application online using their own user ID and password. Using a family member's or friend's user ID and password may erase a candidate's original application record.California Relay Services Phone:
(800) 735-2922ADA Coordinator Email:
firstname.lastname@example.org Teletype Phone:
(800) 899-4099Alternate Teletype Phone:
(800) 897-0077Department Contact Name:
Heidi KimDepartment Contact Phone:
(213) 738-2009Department Contact Email:
Closing Date/Time: Continuous