*** DO NOT APPLY ONLINE ***
The ISD Human Resources Department is seeking a well-qualified, self-motivated individual to fill the position of Administrative Services Manager II
in the EEO/Performance Management/Employee Relations Section. This position performs a full range of difficult to complex assignments dealing with confidential and discreet personnel matters in our Department. This position would report to the EEO/Performance Management/Employee Relations' Section Manager.
All interested permanent County employees that currently hold the Administrative Services Manager II
classification, or who are eligible for administrative reassignment in accordance with Civil Service Rule 15, are invited to submit a letter of interest, a resume highlighting education and experience, two writing samples, and their last two years' performance evaluations and time records to
:Veronica Olmos, SecretaryInternal Services DepartmentHuman Resources DivisionEEO/Performance Management/Employee Relations Section 1100 N. Eastern Avenue, Trailer AnnexLos Angeles, CA 90063Phone: (323) 267- 2438
/ Facsimile: (323) 780-1509
All materials submitted will be evaluated. Only the most qualified employees, based on the information submitted, will be contacted for an interview. The interview will be used to determine the final selection. Resumes and related documentation will be accepted until the needs of the Service have been met; this opportunity is subject to close without notice.
Essential Job Functions
- Highly developed knowledge of the County Code, Los Angeles County Policies, Procedures, and Guidelines, and Los Angeles County Civil Service Rules and Procedures.
- Demonstrated experience managing professional staff handling investigations and advising on progressive disciplinary actions.
- Demonstrated experience making presentations before the County of Los Angeles Civil Service Commission and the Employee Relations Commission and conducting hearings.
- Demonstrated experience advising management on interpretation of departmental policy; and may provide training for managers and staff on employee discipline issues.
Additional Information Desirable Qualifications :
Vacancy Information :
- Graduation with a Juris Doctor degree or its equivalent from a law school accredited by the Committee of Bar Examiners or approved by the American Bar Association or by the California Council for Post-Secondary Education.
- Completion of Burstein/Prihar Advocacy Training or its equivalent.
- Adept at data collection and compilation.
The vacancy is in the Internal Services Department, EEO/Performance Management/Employee Relations Section, Human Resources Division located at 1100 N. Eastern Ave., Trailer Annex, and Los Angeles, CA 90063. This worksite is on a 4/40 work schedule.