The Santa Clara Valley Water District is seeking an Assistant Officer (AO) of Watersheds Stewardship and Planning. The AO position supports the Watersheds Stewardship and Planning Division by managing the day-to-day execution of the operating units:
Hydrology, Hydraulics and Geomorphology, Water Resources Planning and Policy, Environmental Mitigation and Monitoring, and Environmental Planning. The position will support the Deputy Operating Officer (DOO) of the Division with the following:
- supervise staff
- plan, organize and execute the Division's work plan
- develop analyses and recommendations on Division and District level policies
- develop high-level strategies to support the District's missions
The position must interpret and communicate the DOO's direction to Division staff.
The candidate should have excellent background in flood protection and stream stewardship and be knowledgeable in the natural flood protection principles, engineering principles, water resources planning principles, water resources policies, state and federal regulatory principles, and CEQA practices. The candidate must:
- possess leadership and organizational skills
- be able to effectively communicate to a wide array of audiences by tailoring messages through multiple mediums
- be able to work collaboratively with colleagues and external stakeholders
Candidates should possess a minimum of five (5) years in exercising management authority in a field related to the assignment and which is sufficient to infer possession of key competencies and successful performance.
Candidates must possess a Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university with major course work in business administration, public administration, civil engineering, science, biology, geology or a field specifically related to the area of assignment.
The annual salary for the Assistant Officer is $178,838.40 - $228,841.60; placement within this range will be dependent upon qualifications.
Closing Date/Time: 7/15/2018 11:59 PM Pacific