Purchasing, Consultant Contracts and Warehouse ServicesDivision:
General ServicesPosition Code:
Based on a seven-step salary plan. Pre-tax payroll deductions toward CalPERS contributions are required of all employees.NOTE:
Normal business hours are Monday-Friday; 8:00am-5:00pm.The Santa Clara Valley Water District offers a variety of work schedules suited to accommodate the business needs of the organization.For more information on the Santa Clara Valley Water District's Flexible Work Schedule Program visit https://www.valleywater.org/benefits The supplemental questions should be answered thoroughly, clearly and concisely as the responses provided (along with the entire application package) will be carefully reviewed to determine which candidates will move forward in the recruitment process.Duties:
The Senior Management Analyst in the District's Consultant Contracts department will independently facilitate the competitive procurement of professional services in support of all District business areas. Working directly with project managers, counsel's office, and management, this position is responsible for the effective facilitation of highly complex professional service procurements, including the development of scopes of work, creation of proposal solicitation packages, evaluation of proposals, contract negotiation, and dispute resolution. This position will also provide technical guidance and support to department colleagues, and work closely with department supervisors and managers to assess operational practices and deploy improvement initiatives.Key responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
Ideal candidate's background includes:Ideal Experience:
- Work with project managers, counsel's office, and management to develop scope of work for complex professional service contracts.
- Develop proposal solicitation packages, evaluate proposals, negotiate contracts, and resolve disputes.
- Execute procurement processes while in compliance with internal and external laws, regulations, and policies.
- Provide ongoing technical support, guidance, and training for departmental colleagues.
- Identify operational areas for improvement and provide recommendations to management.
- 5 years of public sector experience leading the procurement of professional services.
- Proficiency in the use of Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) Systems and/or automated procurement systems.
- Experience in engineering planning and design contracts for large public works projects.
- Project Management.
- Experience leading projects with multi-disciplinary teams.
- Significant experience working directly with project managers to develop scopes of work and negotiate complex and high dollar professional service contracts.
- Laws, regulations, and best practices related to public sector procurement.
- Principles and practices of public sector procurement, including methods for creating specifications and scopes of work, facilitating the solicitation of competitive bids/proposals for goods and services, evaluating bids/proposals, and negotiating contracts.
- Application of Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) systems and/or automated procurement systems.
Typical Qualifications Experience:
- Prepare and revise complex contracts, contract amendments and other documents related to contract administration activities.
- Work with inter-disciplinary teams to achieve common goals and objectives.
- Interpret, explain and properly apply procurement laws, regulations, policies and procedures.
- Communicate effectively (both verbal and written)
- Negotiation of complex professional service contracts.
- Exercise appropriate initiative and judgment in answering questions and releasing information and resolve problems that are highly complex and sensitive in nature; analyze and project consequences or decisions and/or recommendations.
- Analyze, evaluate and recommend modifications to procurement methods and procedures.
Five years of increasingly responsible experience in administrative, management, systems, operations, budgetary or similar analyses; experience should reflect diversity of analytical experience.Training:
Equivalent to a Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university with major course work in public administration, political science, business administration or a related field.Directly related experience may be substituted for the college requirement on the basis of one and one-half years of experience for one year of education to a maximum of four years.Special Requirement:
Possession of, or ability to obtain, an appropriate, valid California driver's license is required. Individuals who do not meet the driver's license requirement due to a disability will be considered for a reasonable accommodation on a case-by-case basis.To review the Classification Specification, please click here Selection Process
(1) The selection process may include one or more of the following:application review, application assessment, performance test, written test and/or oral interview examination.
(2) The Employment Application, Qualifying Information Questions and/or Supplemental Questions will be evaluated for minimum qualifications.Resumes are recommended.NOTE:
Position and start date is subject to availability of funds. The District retains the right to repost this position as deemed necessary. Consideration may be given to existing applicant pools within the same classification.
The District's Equal Opportunity Non-Discrimination Policy is available for review upon request.
The Santa Clara Valley Water District will make reasonable efforts in the examination process to accommodate persons with disabilities.Please advise Human Resources in advance of any special needs by calling1-408-630-2260.
Please be aware that once submitted all application materials become the property of the District and will not be returned.Human Resources staff is not authorized to make copies of application materials for applicants.
Closing Date/Time: 5/25/2018 11:59 PM Pacific