The Delaware Valley Regional Planning Commission (DVRPC) is the Philadelphia region’s Metropolitan Planning Organization. We believe DVRPC is a place to work, learn, and create a career in a professional and stimulating environment that values diversity, innovation, and bringing your best self to work. If your background and experience match the following vacancy, we would like to hear from you.
The Staff Accountant will work closely with Senior Accountants in the areas of Accounts Payable, sub-contractor invoices, general ledger reconciliations and analysis, and audits. Reasonable independence is expected in carrying out daily tasks and responsibilities. The Staff Accountant will report to the Senior Accountant who will assign projects, define priorities, give preliminary instructions, and review work while in progress or upon completion for quality and adherence to established procedures. This position offers opportunities for growth, training, and development.
- Perform technical duties in accounting in the area of Accounts Payable.
- Prepare and oversee all data input relating to Account Payable vouchers, Purchase Order vouchers, and travel expense reimbursements.
- Review invoices for proper accounting coding and match purchase orders with invoices.
- Perform weekly check run for invoice payments and post transactions to General Ledgers.
- Prepare weekly reports: check register and open Accounts Payable.
- Maintain all appropriate source documentation relative to invoices, purchase orders, disbursements, travel vouchers, and journal vouchers.
- Review and process sub-contractor invoices in Costpoint. Maintain cost control sheet for expenditures tracking. Prepare and file project manager invoice sign-offs.
- Interact with the Purchasing Department on purchase orders or requisitions matters, and communicate with vendors to resolve invoice issues.
- Prepare journal entries, void check, and account payable reconciliations.
- Assist in problem solving on General Ledger and accrual reconciliation.
- Prepare other financial reports as directed by the Senior Accountant.
- Assist DVRPC's external auditors in locating source documentation and reconciling variances.
- Assist in other accounting and purchasing activities and the Agency’s annual single audit, as required.
Please mention you found this employment opportunity on the CareersInGovernment.com job board.