DEPARTMENT OF PUBLIC HEALTH
TRANSFER OPPORTUNITY ANNOUNCEMENT
3530 Wilshire Blvd Suite 700
Los Angeles, CA 90010
Essential Job Functions
Position allocated to this class works under the direction of the Director of Research and Evaluation, and performs a variety of duties, including, but not limited to:
- Plans, develops and administers surveys to collect local data on immunization status, health behaviors, and access to care; interpret quantitative and qualitative analysis and apply the results to disease control/prevention; health promotion policy development and intervention efforts.
- Participates in monthly DPH Performance Improvement (PI) team meetings and assist with coordination of PI deliverables, as needed.
- Analyzes, compiles, interprets, and presents data gathered from various data sources and/or research projects in the Program that assess morbidity, vaccine usage, Program activities, and special studies.
- Plan, and creates reports and recommendations based on data gathered from various data sources and research projects in the Program that assess morbidity, vaccine usage, Program activities, and special studies.
- Assists in planning and development of all oral presentations, written technical reports and scientific publications for a diverse group of immunization stakeholders.
- Process local and national data requests.
Requirements Must be at the level of Research Analyst III with a minimum of one year experience at the payroll item.DESIRABLE QUALIFICATIONS:
****DO NOT APPLY ONLINE****
- Experience with study design, data collection and analyses; project implementation and/or evaluation.
- Experience with data management (small and large data sets) and staff supervision.
- Experience with technical report and/or scientific manuscript writing.
- Proficient in SAS and Access.
- Highly skilled at communicating, orally and in writing, with individuals and teams of varied educational and cultural backgrounds.
- Excellent organizational skills and capacity to work on multiple projects with competing deadlines.
Those who would like to be considered for a lateral transfer are requested to submit a "Request for Lateral Transfer" to Kathleen Sanchez. Those who have questions about the position should contact Kathleen Sanchez at email@example.com .This notice will remain open until the needs of the service are met.