DEPARTMENT OF PUBLIC HEALTH
TRANSFER OPPORTUNITY ANNOUNCEMENT
Program Evaluation Data Management (PE&DM) Section
The Program Evaluation and Data Management (PE&DM) Section performs data processing and management for incoming comorbidity reports and labs for state-mandated reportable STDs (i.e., chlamydia, gonorrhea, and syphilis), HIV testing and treatment data, and other HIV/STD program data. The Systems Development Unit is responsible for analyzing the feasibility of and developing requirements for new systems and enhancements to existing systems to ensure the design fits the needs of users; identifying and documenting business needs and objectives, current operational procedures, problems, technical and functional requirements, and levels of system access; and providing quality assurance of STD comorbidity reports and laboratory data. The Research Analyst II for the Electronic Data Management Unit assists in the data cleaning, analyzing and preparation of HIV and STD data to support internal and external data requests, progress reports, and quality improvement goals.
Essential Job Functions
- Assist in the management of HIV/STD surveillance databases including production of SAS datasets from raw ASCII files from the Casewatch surveillance system, coordination of data quality assurance, documentation on processes performed and updating of the Casewatch-SAS data dictionary.
- Assist in the development, implementation and documentation of quality assurance procedures for the electronic lab reports uploaded to the Casewatch surveillance system. Responsible for the weekly submission and quality assurance of the National Electronic Telecommunications System for Surveillance (NETSS) file and Early Syphilis Surveillance Report for transmission to the State Health Department.
- Prepare routine data reports to management and key stakeholders to monitor and evaluate progress and effectiveness of programs.
- Perform detailed data cleaning and management using SAS statistical analysis software and advanced SAS programming techniques such as macros and arrays.
- Summarize data using basic statistical analysis techniques such as frequencies and cross tabulations.
- Prepare reports, recommendations, and publications for diverse audiences.
Requirements Must be a permanent County of Los Angeles employee who currently holds the payroll title of Research Analyst II, Behavioral Sciences.DESIRABLE QUALIFICATIONS:
Interested individuals should submit a cover letter and resume to:
- Experience using Statistical Analysis Software (SAS) to import/export, manage large datasets (data cleaning, data matching/merging), and analyze data.
- Strong planning and problem-solving skills.
- Capacity to plan, manage and implement multiple priority projects with attention to detail.
- Experience with data management.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office software and SAS.
- Strong organizational skills.
Division of HIV and STD Programs
Management Services - Human Resources Section
600 S. Commonwealth Ave, 10th Floor
Los Angeles, California 90005Phone:
(213) 351-8134 Fax: