**TRANSFER OPPORTUNITY ANNOUNCEMENT** FIRST DAY OF FILING
September 16, 2016 at 8:00 a.m. (PST)VACANCY INFORMATION
Managed Care Services
1000 S. Fremont Ave. Bg.A9-East, 2nd Floor
Alhambra, CA 91803
The Department of Health Services, Managed Care Services is seeking a highly-qualified and motivated individual to fill a vacancy in the Quality Management Nursing Section.
Essential Job Functions
- Works in the Quality Management nursing section to achieve operational and clinical process improvement efforts towards achievement of contracted health plans annual quality goals.
- Participates on Quality Improvement Project planning, utilization of data measure tools and data collection in support of key indicators and clinical outcome achievement, specifically HEDIS measure.
- Compiles, monitors, and disseminates Initial Health Assessment (IHA) reports and identifies improvement opportunities and action plans.
- Assesses, plans, and evaluates the quality of care through applying critical thinking, decision making and analytical skills and implement a systematic approach to impact and affect change in the delivery of healthcare services.
- Collects validates, analyzes and evaluates DHS' administrative and medical record outcome data to demonstrate compliance with managed care practices, principles, policies and procedures to sustain standards of care.
- Analyzes patient outcome data to formulate action plans for improvement.
- Recognizes deviations from baseline data, interprets and identifies changes in care along with opportunities for improvement and modifies developed action plan(s).
- Implements interventions using approaches and techniques to accomplish goals, objectives and requirements and distinguishes planned interventions versus immediate and independent interventions.
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office
- Well-developed critical thinking skills
- Positive attitude, highly motivated, detail and result-oriented.
- Ability to manage multiple assignments/tasks simultaneously
- Effective interpersonal and organizational skills
Requirements This position is open to all permanent County of Los Angeles employees who currently hold the payroll title of Registered Nurse II.APPLICATIONS MUST BE FILED ONLINE ONLY
. Those interested in this Transfer Opportunity should submit acover letter. The cover letter must contain: name, employee number and payroll title. Additionally, please provide a resume detailing professional experience and education, copies of the last two (2) performance evaluations, and a Time Variance report for the last two (2) years. Please attach the required documents along with your resume.If you are unable to attach the required documents online, you may email your information to:DEPARTMENT CONTACT:
Luz Pascual, Exam Analyst
DHS - Human Resources Division - Recruitment & Examinations Section
Phone: (323) 914-9087All submitted documents will be evaluated and only the most qualified candidates will be scheduled for an interview.
Closing Date/Time: Continuous