DEPARTMENT OF HEALTH SERVICES
EXAM NUMBER: Y5799L
OPEN COMPETITIVE JOB OPPORTUNITY
ORIGINALPOSTING DATE: 08-01-2013
To produce imaging for diagnosis and/or interventional procedures during the conduct of specialized systems in Computer Tomography and/or Interventional Radiology.
Essential Job Functions
- Receives request from physician for special radiographic procedure.
- Based on the physician's tentative diagnosis, determines equipment requirements for the procedure and scout films necessary for physician's preliminary viewing.
- Tests special equipment such as contrast media injectors, program selectors, and film changers for function prior to examination to ensure that equipment elements are timed and synchronized to operate at desired intervals.
- Loads cut or roll film changers and cine cameras, making certain of correct sequencing and film transport, and/or digital imaging.
- Sets program selector in accordance with protocol, and uses independent judgment to reset program selector in accordance with physician's desired examination results.
- Positions the patient with care to avoid discomfort; attempts to decrease anxiety of the critically ill by giving assurance and describing the function of the equipment and expected cooperation of the patient.
- Takes scout films for physician's preliminary view, using kilovoltage, milliamperage and distance settings specified by protocol and refined by the technologist's evaluation of the patient's ability to cooperate, and his physical characteristics such as density and thickness.
- Maintains the desired image on the monitor of the progress of arterial and heart catheterization by adjusting the overhead image intensifier, the patient or the special procedure table.
- Selects injector, catheter and contrast media in accordance with specified exam, draws contrast media into the injector by sterile procedure, sets injector controls at specified pressure and activates the injector and related equipment at the appropriate time.
- Works closely with the physician and the special procedure team during and after the critical injection interval, repositions the patient, changes from one examination mode to another, and alternates from fluoroscopy and cine equipment to radiographic tube and film changers, and/or digital imaging.
- Makes radiographs on roll film, cut film and cine film.
- Maintains critical positioning of the patient during flow of the contrast media, such as in the encephalogram procedure, to ensure safety of the patient and success of examination results.
- Assume the basic functions of another member of the team, such as the nurse or cardiovascular technician, when that member is unavailable.
- Exercises a knowledge of needles, catheters, sterile techniques and drugs needed in each examination.
- Works with Picture Archiving Systems (PACS) and/or Radiology Imagining System (RIS).
Requirements MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS:
One year's experience at the level of a Certified Radiologic Technologist* under the direction of a radiologist.LICENSE:
Certification as a radiologic technologist issued by the State of California, Department of Public Health -AND- a radiologic technologist fluoroscopy permit issued by the State of California, Department of Public Health.
A current, active certification in accordance with the American Heart Associate's Basic Life Support (BLS) for Healthcare Providers (CPR & AED) Program upon appointment.PHYSICAL CLASS III - Moderate:
Includes standing or walking most of the time, with bending, stooping, squatting, twisting, and reaching; includes working on irregular surfaces, occasionally lifting objects weighting over 25 pounds, and frequent lifting of 10-25 pounds.
Additional Information SPECIAL REQUIREMENT INFORMATION
*Experience at the level of Radiologic Technologist in the County of Los Angeles is defined as: Performs radiographic procedures employing the use of X-ray to produce images of various parts of the body for the diagnosis of pathological and traumatic disorders.
Please be sure to write the tile of your required license, certificate, and/or permit, the number, date of issue, date of expiration and the name of the issuing agency as specified in the Minimum Requirements. Attached a legible photocopy of the required license, certificate, and/or permit of compliance to your application AT THE TIME OF FILING.
Applications submitted without the required license, certificate, and/or permit will be considered incomplete until such information is provided. The original license, certificate, and/or permit must be presented during the selection process and prior to appointment.The required license, certificate and/or permit MUST be current and unrestricted; a conditional, provisional, probationary or restricted license will NOT be accepted. SPECIAL INFORMATION
Appointees may be required to work any shift, including evenings, nights, weekends and holidays.AVAILABLE SHIFT:
This examination will consist of an evaluation of experience based on application information, weighted 100%.Candidates must achieve a score of 70% or higher on this examination to be added to the eligible register.ELIGIBILITY INFORMATION
Applications will be processed on an"as-received"
basis and those receiving a passing score will be promulgated to the eligible register accordingly.
The names of candidates receiving a passing grade in the examination will be placed on the eligible register in the order of their score group for a period of twelve (12) months following the date of promulgation.NO PERSON MAY COMPETE IN THIS EXAMINATION MORE THAN ONCE EVERY TWELVE (12) MONTHS.VACANCY INFORMATION
The resulting eligible register for this examination will be used to fill vacancies throughout the Department of Health Services as they occur.APPLICATION AND FILING INFORMATIONAPPLICATIONS MUST BE FILED ONLINE ONLY. APPLICATIONS SUBMITTED BY U.S. MAIL, FAX OR IN PERSON WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED.
Apply online by clicking on the "Apply" tab for this posting. You can also track the status of your application using this website.
All information is subject to verification. We may reject your application at any time during the examination and hiring process, including after appointment has been made. Falsification of any information may result in disqualification or rescission of appointment
This examination will remain open until the needs of the service are met. Application filing may be suspended at any time with or without advance notice.
Fill out your application completely. The acceptance of your application depends on whether you have clearly shown that you meet the requirements. Provide any relevant education, training, and experience in the spaces provided so we can evaluate your qualifications for the job. For each job held, give the name and address of your employer, your job title, beginning and ending dates, number of hours worked per week, description of work performed, and salary earned. If your application is incomplete, it will be rejected.Applications electronically received after 5:00 p.m., PST, on the last of filing will not be accepted.NOTE:
If you are unable to attach required documents, you must fax them to (323) 869-0942 or e-mail the documents to the exam analyst, within 15 calendar days of filing online. Please include the exam number and the exam title.SOCIAL SECURITY NUMBER LANGUAGE:
All applicants must enter a valid social security number at the time of filing. Entering anything other than a valid social security number (i.e. 000-00-0000, 111-11-1111, etc.) will result in an automatic rejection of your application.COMPUTER AND INTERNET ACCESS AT LIBRARIES:
For candidates who may not have regular access to a computer or the internet, applications can be completed on computers at public libraries throughout Los Angeles County.NO SHARING USER ID AND PASSWORD:
All applicants must file their applications online using their own user ID and password. Using a family member or friend's user ID and password may erase a candidate's original application record.DEPARTMENT CONTACT NAME
Heba Darghli, Exam Analyst
firstname.lastname@example.orgADA COORDINATOR PHONE
(323) 914-7111CALIFORNIA RELAY SERVICES PHONE